Sultry, stonkin’, stealthy, subtle, screaming… always the tallest player in the room and never anything less than uberglam,
Heather’s musical odyssey began with modest motives – to avoid doing the washing up and to play something louder than her brother. But from there, her hopes and dreams grew a little more ambitious. Her passion for performance took Heather to Trinity College of Music, where she built a solid grounding in jazz and her credentials have blossomed ever since.
With a repertoire that encompasses not only jazz, but also Latin, breakbeat, hiphop, dance and classical capabilities, Heather’s talents have seen her rub shoulders with musical royalty and celebrities alike. That includes performing with Roy Ayres in Harlem, sharing the stage with Madness, Michael Franti, Marcus Printup, the Ronnie Scott’s All Stars and The Drifters, and even a gig alongside Jools Holland, Brian Ferry, Nigel Kennedy, Lulu and the incomparable Lou Reed.
Heather has entertained the great and the good at the UEFA Cup Final in Athens, wowed Lewis Hamilton at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, had the red carpet rocking with Norman Jay at the Cannes Film Festival and set superstars swinging at the Mercury Music Awards. Wherever she plays, a party’s guaranteed, and she’s provided the musical accompaniment to bashes hosted by the Beckhams, Al Pacino, Ralph Fiennes, Daniel Craig, Robbie Coltrane, Gwyneth Paltrow and Stella McCartney.
However far she travels, and however celebrated the audience, Heather’s heart still beats to the rhythm of jazz, and she’s often found playing in the genre’s spiritual home – Ronnie Scott’s legendary club in Soho.
Nice to know…….
- Following a meeting with Richard Branson at a Virgin party in Shanghai, Heather was flown firstclass to Australia to perform overlooking Sydney Harbour.
- Her favourite venue is always Ronnie Scott’s – appearing there gives her goosebumps to this day.
- Amy Winehouse was a gatecrasher at one of her gigs, and ended up sitting on Heather’s knee, demanding to be taught to play the soprano sax , she was a fast learner apparently.
- She once performed in a polar bear suit at a Christmas party in Antwerp.
- Heather describes herself as ‘very tall with a passion for balsamic vinegar’. But the two are apparently unconnected.
- Sultry solo sax
- Mix with a DJ
- Fabulous trio, quartet and quintet line ups
“Amazing addition to our drinks reception”
“ She was incredible!! ”